Staying safe and healthy at work is very important. Earning a living doesn't need to cost you your health. There are plenty of things you can do to make sure you stay healthy and happy at work. Quick tips to help maintain your health, in the workplace:
- Stay away from the vending machine. Pack small healthy snacks, eat them often. If it's green, it's lean.
- Take your lunch in a brown bag. A healthy tuna or veggie sandwich will keep you alert, and full.
- Drink plenty of water. Keep yourself hydrated and you'll function at a higher level.
- Stretch, walk, and get fresh air. Try doing this more than twice a day.
- Take the stairs. Start your day off on the right foot.
- If you wear glasses, use them. Keeping your eyes healthy will never be regret.
The SOCSO Health Screening Programme (HSP) was announce during the 2013 Budget by YAB Dato' Sri Mohd Najib Bin Tun Abdul Razak on 28 September 2012.The HSP is a health screening programme which will be offered to all active workers contributing to SOCSO who attain 40 years of age.
The Social Security Organisation (SOCSO) of Malaysia was established in 1971 under the Ministry of Human Resources (formerly known as Ministry of Labour) with the aim to administer, enforce and implement the Employees’ Social Security Act, 1969.