Health Screening Preparation
Before going for your health screening, please call to make an appointment with your selected panel clinic.
Blood test preparation
You are required to fast before having a blood test.
Do not eat or drink anything (except water) for at least 12 hours before you go to the panel clinic.
- Do not smoke, chew gum or exercise.
- After the specimen is collected, you may resume normal diet.
- Most people find it convenient to stop eating and drinking in the evening and to arrive at the panel clinic early in the next morning.
Pap smear preparation
The best time to have a pap smear is when you are not menstruating.
2 days prior to the test, avoid intercourse, douches, vaginal medications (except as directed by your doctor), vaginal contraceptives such as birth control foams, creams or jellies.
Schedule the test for a time when your breasts are least likely to be tender. Usually during the week after your menstrual period.
- Avoid using deodorant, lotions, powders, cream or perfumes under your arms or on your breast as metallic particles could be visible on your mammogram and cause confusion.
- Consider an over the counter pain medication if you find that having a mammogram is uncomfortable.